I'm a bass guitarist-turned soundtrack composer/producer. I'm also a stay-at-home Dad of three beautiful daughters by day and recording artist, sculptor, writer and tabletop game designer by night. I like to create unique and original music of just about every genre for use in films and games and I enjoy the occasional remix contest as well.
My album, Universe87 Campaign Setting Soundtrack, was nominated for an Origins Award as Best Game Accessory in 2005 and was nominated for a JPF Music Award as Best Techno Album of the Year in 2009; I came in fourth place. My song, "Nature of God," from Universe87 Campaign Setting Soundtrack was nominated for a JPF Music Award for Best Techno Song in 2009.
I play a villager-turned-zombie in the full-length horror film The Dead Matter (2009) by Edward Douglas of Midnight Syndicate. Check it out!
On September 9, 1999 I founded Bailey Records while living in Central PA. I worked with numerous indie artists and bands. In late August 2000, my wife and I moved to Central OH. Currently I live in Orient, Ohio (a burb of Columbus) and officially joined the artist roster at Bailey Records on Friday, October 13, 2000.
Stratos was born out of a need for original dance and atmospheric music for an independent film by Steward Entertainment & Wonderboy Productions called The Screen (released December 8, 2000). The name Stratos comes from one of my favorite childhood toys.
Over the past 14+ years, I have recorded 100s of original songs for various projects.They are:
- Kaiju Kaos: The Soundtrack, Volume 2 – May 19, 2015
- "The Race" – used for a Kickstarter by AchesonCreations.com – 2015
- "Native Drums" – used for a Kickstarter by AchesonCreations.com – 2013
- "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night [blusterous mix]" – fan remix released November 6, 2012
- "Summerfort" – song composed, recorded, and sold to Silver Gryphon Games for online advertising on June 5, 2012
- "Closing In" – song composed, recorded, and sold to Silver Gryphon Games for online advertising on May 2, 2012
- Kaiju Kaos: The Soundtrack, Volume 01 – April 24, 2012
- techNO*EL, the Definitive Edition – November 9, 2010
- Horrific Universe: 12 Months of Horror – October 26, 2010
- Pulp City: The Soundtrack – August 18, 2009
- Rezolution: The Soundtrack – August 11, 2009
- Odds and Ends, Rarities & Remixes – May 12, 2009
- Symphony of the Universe: Companion Soundtrack – April 21, 2009
- Warlands: The Soundtrack – April 21, 2009
- Earpicac Compilation – June 28, 2007
- Music @Journey – 2007
- Mecha Vs Kaiju: The Soundtrack – February 20, 2007
- The Chronicles of Ramlar: Official Soundtrack – February 20, 2007
- Slade Chronicles: Riftwalker: Official Mix-Tape – August 15, 2006
- Amazing Universe: The Superheroic Music EP – August 15, 2006
- Kaijuice – 2006
- Universe87 Campaign Setting Soundtrack – July 19, 2005
- CyberNet: Official Roleplaying Soundtrack – May 11, 2004
- Deterioration Furthers – May 4, 2004
- techNO*EL – November 4, 2003
- Unheard Artists Compilation 4 – July 2003
- Music For Martha: Benefit Album – April 1, 2003
- Autumnal Slumber – April 1, 2003
- Sonik Dissolutions: Maxi-Single – February 18, 2003
- christmasongs – October 1, 2002
- Unheard Artists Compilation 3 – July 2002
- Praise God Muzik – 2002
- Cosmic Christmas – November 6, 2001
- Solar Flare – August 31, 2001
- Peregrine’s Shadow: The Battle For Bengarii – May 25, 2001
- JesusRave EP – May 1, 2001
- Invasion, The Galactic EP – February 13, 2001
- The Screen, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack – December 8, 2000
- Bryan K. Borgman (aka Stratos) – all programming, elements, instruments, and occasional vocals; primary composer and producer
- Bryan Michael Block – guest voice-over (on Rezolution)
- Missy D – guest vocalist / samples (Autumnal Slumber, christmasongs, Rezolution)
- TW Cory (aka Capt. Futura) – collaborator and co-writer (on Deterioration Furthers, Amazing Universe, Pulp City, Horrific Universe: 12 Months of Horror, Kaiju Kaos Volume 2), co-producer (from 2004 - present), remixer (on Universe87, Mecha Vs Kaiju, Rezolution, Kaiju Kaos Volume 2)
- Eric George – guest guitarist (on CyberNet, Odds and Ends, Rezolution)
- Adam Greenawalt – co-producer (from 2002 - present), guest percussionist (on Deterioration Furthers)
- Robyn Griggs – guest vocal samples (on Rezolution)
- Sean Forney – collaborator and co-writer (on Scarlet Huntress: Official Companion Soundtrack), guest guitarist (on Scarlet Huntress: Official Companion Soundtrack)
- Micah Koltz – guest guitarist (on CyberNet), guest keyboardist (on Rezolution), guest vocalist (on Rezolution)
- J.D. Larabee – guest voice-over (on Horrific Universe: 12 Months of Horror)
- Trevor Peters – guest guitarist (on Warlands, Odds and Ends, Kaiju Kaos Volume 01)
- Todd A. Zircher (Taz) – guest vocal samples (on CyberNet, Universe87, Slade Chronicles: Riftwalker, Mecha Vs Kaiju).
I used to describe my music as "sci-fi electronica" – a self-defining mixture of electronic music including "dance, trance, techno, electronica, ambiance, and film/game scores" – but over the past few years of begun composing a variety of projects from fully orchestrated to nail-biting rock-n-roll to latino pop.
Television and film score composers such as: Tyler Bates, Don Davis, Danny Elfman, Michael Giacchino, Paul Haslinger, Graeme Revell, John Williams and many more.
Popular artists such as: BT, The Chemical Brothers, Depeche Mode, Dieselboy, Jars of Clay, Joy Electric, Juno Reactor, U2 and Venus Hum.
Equipment / Software: