Monday, March 30, 2015

New Music Video: "Positarians of Servos" and the Transformers connection



Today we take a look at the song "Positarians of Servos". "Positarians of Servos" by Stratos is track #15 on Kaiju Kaos: The Soundtrack, Volume 2. This song is the theme for the heroic transforming robots, the Positarians, who eventually make their way to Earth and join in the conflict against the growing kaiju threat. This video features comic book artwork taken from the three issues of the Slagacon convention comic - used with permission.

When I started writing Kaiju Kaos: The Miniatures Game in 2010, I decided to pull ideas from everything I loved as a geek/nerd/child of the 80s. In addition to giant monsters, werewolves, genetic mutations gone wrong, and animated scarecrows, I wanted giant transforming robots in the mix. Knowing I'd never be able to actually afford a license with Hasbro, I looked to the fan community and 3rd Party manufacturers.

The first I went to was Slagacon... a Midwest Transformers Fan Convention that had a cast of awesome original characters that appeared in their own comic books/convention guides. Slagacon may be gone but the characters live on! Hydrophone, our first Stretch Goal, is one of those characters. The others are featured in the video above.

It is my intention to build on the story line established within the Slagacon comics and bring the story to Earth where the monsters of Kaiju Kaos roam. I have permission to reprint the three issues as a trade paperback and will add my own tale in the compilation. The goal is to release this book in late 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment